Friday, September 3, 2010

Day One



Well after a marathon day of traveling, I am finally settled into my new home for the semester. I have a wonderful host family, each member is extremely kind and generous. I will be well taken care of (Mom you can breathe a sigh of relief). Since today did not consist of much besides travel I wanted to post some pictures of my new living space. (Hopefully tomorrow I will get some of the beautiful view I have outside my room, but its too dark now). My absolute favorite part about this house is the open courtyard behind it. My room opens up to a porch which over looks the lovely space. I am currently sitting with my porch door open listening to an Italian family's music. It is very peaceful and relaxing, not to mention beautiful.
Here are two pictures of my room.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, congratulations! I hope you get over jet lag quickly. I am so glad you are writing this blog so we can live your adventure vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, you are so 3008 with your blog (note the reference to Black Eyed Peas song). Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
    Love your coolest, youngest Aunt----Emmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, pictures look lovely! Maybe I'll have to 'swing by' Florence on one of my trips to Switzerland this fall! Hopefully your Aunt Emmie (your young, cool Aunt) won't cramp you style too much:)

    ReplyDelete